Travel: St. Augustine

     A small trip to St. Augustine, Florida ended up taking me further back in history than what I imagined. As I walked down the small streets of St. Augustine I ran into the cutest vintage store. “The Way We Were” rested near the doorway. The dresses displayed on the windows quickly reminded me of the Fashion exhibit Impressionism, Fashion and Modernity I attended a few months ago at the art Institute of Chicago—breathtaking. As I entered, I was warmly greeted by one of the owners and was automatically transported to a number of eras, all of which I desired to be a part of. Here are some of the pictures I captured, there were too many cool pieces so I couldn’t capture them all. Now you have a good excuse to visit!






Gorgeous Details!
The hat in the middle was my ultimate favorite! 


If you happen to be in the St. Augustine area, don’t leave without entering this treasure filled store. Be sure to also take a look at some of their vintage pieces here & here. 




        Later on that day, we decided to have some lunch and journeyed over to O.C White’s Seafood. We managed to get a table on the second floor where we could see glimpses of the ocean from a distance. Now onto the food… I definitely recommend this place if you want a light and tasty lunch. For the main course I tried the Lunch Dutch Garlic Shrimp and the Lunch Shrimp Abaco. What impressed me the most about this restaurant was the freshness of the sauces and the fresh taste of the seafood. It’s such a treat when you find a place that doesn’t taste like you are eating right from a can (yuck!). You can say I was greatly satisfied. Though I wished the lunch menu had a broader selection of seafood, this was a good choice for lunch.

Lunch Shrimp Abaco
Lunch Dutch Garlic Shrimp

       Despite the chilly weather for us Floridians, it turned out to be a beautiful day for sightseeing!






xoxo,

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great place with so much character, it's lovely to see some places around the world that I probably wouldn't usually come across!

    Krissie x - http://pearlsofstyle.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute vintage gems there, and the food looks amazing of course!

    Check out my Street Style post at London Fashion Week and share your thoughts! :)
    AL xx
    RASSP blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Darling . . . What a fantastic place to travel. I would love to visit St. Augustine someday.
    Peace, Love & Good Chocolate
    PARIS // www.CharcoalAlley.com
    instagram: @CharcoalAlley

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading all of your comments. Feel free to leave some love!