Special day: Modest is Hottest (DIY)

Happy Thursday! This past weekend, I celebrated my birthday. I have to say I am super blessed and thankful to be given yet another year of life. With that special day in mind, I aimed to create my outfit from scratch, so that's just what I did.

For the longest time, I've been looking for a maxi skirt that I was satisfied with, yet no luck. Finally, I decided to run to the fabric store and look for something that would be perfect for this skirt I had in mind. It only took a few hours to make, but the process was quite easy.

Here is the first Modest is Hottest DIY project!

Lay out fabric right-side to right-side and match the selvedges to each other. Cut two rectangles
of the same size and pin the two length-wise. (I bought a little over 2 yards, depends on your size-make sure to cut fabric bigger than your waist measurement in order to leave enough room for the elastic)

I sewed the two sides lengthwise, and inserted the elastic on the top of skirt. The length of the skirt was determined by preference from my waist to where I wanted it to finish plus two inches for the hem and two inches for the elastic band.


Finally, I finished off the hem and turned the skirt to its right side. I decided to add a slit at the last minute in order to leave some wiggle room for walking.


And here is the final product! Super comfy, super chic. What I love about this skirt is that it's totally possible to either dress up or dress down. A perfect skirt for this summer, with some cute flats and a flowy top. I decided to pair one of my favorite bags with this outfit, my Candy Furla Bag. So fun!

Hope you enjoy this easy DIY.  I was a little vague with the steps, so let me know if you have any questions!
xoxo,

11 comments:

  1. really great idea! maybe we can follow each other?:)) http://exality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing DIY ;) Great idea!



    I follow you beautiful blog. I hope you will follow me back and I will wait for you in my blog www.gabusiek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh omg. Great diy! It looks great. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. in love with your long skirt!

    if you want to win a FOSSSIL sunglasses go to
    www.lessismoreblog.com+

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing skirt and amazing look!
    If you want, we can follow each other (gfc, bloglovin)! It would be great!
    xoxo
    http://ladyarrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. in love with this post, and your whole entire blog in general.

    lots of love from the casper&pearl girls – a little Aussie fashion brand
    casper&pearl blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow so creative! great post! I love your blog and would love if we both followed eachother? let me know if you would like to:)x

    http://vintageapparel.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sei bravissima!

    http://www.cultureandtrend.com/

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading all of your comments. Feel free to leave some love!