Ballet has Style


Dance has always been a passion of mine right next to Fashion. I've been dancing for about 11 years and the idea of picking just ballet or just fashion has never been a possibility. After months of thought, I finally decided to major in Fashion Design and Minor in Dance. I think I'll be immersed in both of these fields for the rest of my life. I can't see myself doing merely one or the other.

As a Christmas gift from a lovely friend, I received tickets to go to the theater where a number of principal dancers from New York City Ballet, American Ballet Theater, San Francisco Ballet, National Ballet of Canada, Boston Ballet, and Dutch National Ballet will be performing to the greatest hits in ballet history. I am so excited! I will be sure to post pictures of tonight's event by tomorrow!






















Here is a list of the principal dancers that will be featured:
Ashley Bouder, New York City Ballet
Daniel Ulbricht, New York City Ballet
Matthew Golding, Dutch National Ballet
Greta Hodgkinson, National Ballet of Canada
Alejandro Virelles, Boston Ballet
Marcelo Gomes, American Ballet Theatre
Veronika Part, American Ballet Theatre
Hee Seo, American Ballet Theatre
Isabella Boylston, American Ballet Theatre
Stella Abrera, American Ballet Theatre
Joseph Phillips, American Ballet Theatre
Skylar Brandt, American Ballet Theatre
Alicia Graff Mack, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre
Antonio Douthit, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre
Maria Kochetkova, San Francisco Ballet
Taras Domitro, San Francisco Ballet
Emily Kadow, San Francisco Ballet

One of my favorite ballet pieces has to be The Nutcracker just because I've been in it so many times and never get tired of it... too bad no one likes to watch it with me cause' I hum to every piece of music and get all giddy watching the entire performance. It's like when people talk during movies ya know? (:

What is your favorite ballet of all time? Any funny dance/stage stories? Comment and share below!
xoxo

15 comments:

  1. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics, my daughter doing ballet she's 6 year-old and she's love it.I'm following you now, thanks to stopping in my blog. Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos in this post!
    Thanks for the comment =)
    XOXO
    Ylenia

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures are amazing!
    Thank you for visiting my blog ;-)

    Stilo
    http://blogdastilo.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I love ballerinas, these pics are amazing :)
    x

    www.be-your-own-hero-now.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  6. god these photos are just so beautiful. ballerinas are always so elegant. in another life i would love to be one - that or an ice skater. i have never seen a ballet though, so i cannot say i have a favorite, but maybe one day!

    http://www.lovefromberlin.net/
    xx rae

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely The Nutcracker I have loved it since I remember myself.
    That is wonderful gift what have you received.

    xoxo Ra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this pics! The second is my favourite! CJ
    http://cjfashionpriest.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing pics!!!

    www.lessismoreblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have no " funny stage" "whatever?" and even though i love ballet, i don't know much about it. Hope you enjoy yourself and when you do post pics of you there, be sure to let me know @ my blog! xxx, missversatality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous collection of images! Well done, magic body movement!
    Best Regards
    Miss Margaret Cruzemark
    http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. amazing! would you like to follow each other? let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning images!


    xo
    Sophie Mayanne
    Stop by and check out my blog sometime, I would love to know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dance is quickly changing into a lot of in style than ever and there square measure many completely different designs to settle on from. With numerous completely different designs, there's nearly definitely one that may suit you and this text outlines a number of the most ones.
    Thanks:
    ballet classes in orange county

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading all of your comments. Feel free to leave some love!