12/18/12


Most intricate and beautiful trees I've seen, just magical.






Outfit Closeup: Baggy Knitted Top with Red Cami underneath, Army Green Shorts, Bangles,  Chain Necklace,  Green tights, Black booties, Grey Leggings, and my favorite bag from Paris.




The tower was my favorite part of the mansion, it had the best view... ever. 





Just chillin on the floor looking at art pieces, that's how art students do it.



Miles White Sketches

I’ve had a great start to my winter break. Yesterday, I spent my day at The Ringling Museum of art, the Ringling Circus Museums and the Ca’ D’Zan Mansion in Sarasota. Two words—Incredibly Beautiful. The house was built in 1924 for John and Mable Ringling. Yes Ringling. Like the Ringling Brothers, the circus, the guy who once owned every traveling circus in America and over 35 companies. Of course, he was once one of the wealthiest men at a point in history, but at the time of his death he ended up with only $311 in his pocket due to the Great Depression. Though barely had money, he still owned art pieces worth millions, but wouldn’t sell his collection so it would be available to the community for art exploration and students in the future. Just a little history lesson for those of you who are as fascinated with history as I am.

The architecture and art pieces are so beautiful. Everything is so rich in color and technique. It was truly a great experience to explore this estate. What’s so crazy about this is that I had no idea it existed in Florida (I love going on random adventures like this!). I was able to get so much inspiration from the architecture and art, not to mention the circus costumes displayed and some designs by Miles White. After such a long day filled with inspiration…I’m off to sketch!


P.S. I took over a hundred pictures yesterday, almost 200. I didn’t want to overdo it, so I’ve only posted some of my favorites. My mom joined me on this little adventure, she's an interior designer so she had a blast as well. Everyone should try to visit this wonderful place at some point, I definitely recommend it. (:





xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love reading all of your comments. Feel free to leave some love!