Happy Friday!

    It's been a typical Friday, yet something made it slightly exciting today. I'm currently working on a project for my Fashion Design class in which I have to design a collection...Much harder than it looks people! Today in class we had an opportunity of viewing a few items from our fashion's department study collection. We have over 6,000 objects of dress and adornment in our collections which is amazing! It's filled with originals: ready-to-wear pieces, designer, historic, and ethnic wear.

I took some pictures of the items that were pulled out for us as well as pictures of my personal favorites.  Some of these pieces are so old that we had to wear gloves so the fibers wouldn't get damaged with our always filled with pencil graphite artist hands. I got a lot of inspiration from many of the pieces, an update of how my collection designing process is going will be up once my brain is a little less overwhelmed from all the research I've been bombarded with.


Gown,by Dior. Light green scoop neck. Around the collar there is jewelery and hanging string/bends.
(this detail is to die for, love it!)

Suit, by Gianni Versace. Gold wool suit with brown fur detachable collar. Jacket is fitted and double breasted with two buttons at the waist. It has a waist seam, set-in two-piece sleeves, and flap pockets. The collar and lapel are brown wool as well as the sleeve facings and bound button holes.

And finally, the best for last...


My personal favorite by one of my favorite designers^

Suit, by Oscar De La Renta. Two piece evening suit: red, green and gold beaded/sequin plaid with red silk lining.  Jacket: semi-fitted, single breasted long cardigan style; round neckline; center front opening with snaps and decorative gold and red buttons; long set-in sleeves; two hip pockets; one breast patch pocket; gold and red braid trim on neckline, center front, cuffs and pockets; lined.


I certainly wish I had a few of these items in my own closet, but that might be too much to ask. In the meantime, I'll keep dreaming...

Have a wonderful weekend my lovely readers!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love reading all of your comments. Feel free to leave some love!